Saturday, April 25, 2009

Deaf Jam

--Non-fat Black Tea Lattes have to be one of the best things in the world. I can't afford to go to Starbucks everyday so I bought all the supplies to make them myself. I use Tazo tea (early grey or awake) Low-fat milk or Soy milk and a teaspoon of honey. I put it in a blender (because a latte isn't a latte without the FOAM!) I'm not going to lie, they don't taste identical to Starbucks but they are cheaper to make and I think they are still delicious.
--I'm teaching 1st and 2nd grade deaf education for the next 6 weeks and I absolutly love it. It makes me nervous that I like it so much because that's not what I went to school for and NOT what I am pursuing at the time. It was more like a job in the meantime in order to make some money.... I am starting my internship at MD Anderson in a month and I'm super excited, but I am really going to miss teaching my kiddos. =( How do they expect you at the age of 23 to know what you want to do??? I want to do A LOT of things, but hopefully after the internship I will really get a feel for where I belong. There is something about sign language that I just adore. I am in love with the culture, the language, the people... everything.
Whatever I do, I know it will involve sign language. It's a part of me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment